Thursday, January 24, 2008

My dreams? Desires? Wild Talks?

Dear blog,

What are my passion?

My dreams?

My desires?

My ambition?

However abstract these words may turn out to be, I never really have an exact answer as to what I really want in life.In fact I am at a loss for words every time any acquaintance of mine asked me of these intangible yet undeniable enquiries in life.

I believe that a majority of youths nowadays wanted fame and fortune.They want to have the best in life. Still, some prefer to have knowledge and good health.Others wish for a better tomorrow.But seriously, what do youths want?

They yearn for unlimited fame that would make them glow in the eyes of the press.They wish for uncountable assests that qualify them a life shrouded in the laps of luxury without any anxieties over the cessation of such enjoyment.They want to feel respected with the material possesion that they have.After all, money buys influence and companionship.

Still, some just want to cure that lingering feeling of emptiness every time when they come back to their rooms, seeing nobody but their tired reflection on the mirror.They hope that they can have power and better control over the things that matter most to them.They want to make their friends, family and community proud of their achievements.They want to be savor the satissfaction of being able to be someone and to do something worth of remembrance.

However, there are time when they want to have their voice heard in the decision making.They want to represented the under-represented.They aspire to become the force that guides the establishment of a better world, untainted by greed and idiosyncrasies of the corrupted mind.They demand for changes to be made in regrads to rampant discrimination in the constitution of the global world.

They vouch for the increasing concerns expressed by youths like themselves in matters of public welfare.They wish to promote awareness in notable causes such as AIDS, free education, economic disaparities,decline of moral values and the list just simply goes on and on......

So, what do I really want to achieve in life? Basically, I want to grow. I want to see more things in life than mountains of books readily displayed in the libraries. I want to understand more about how the human brain works and the miraculous biochemical mechanism that makes us who we are in terms of our genetic compositions,brain activity, our physical movements, our moods and our preferences.I want to accept the conflicing ideas that spwan from the existence of divergence in our upbringing and experinces.I want to be grateful for everything that I have be it good or bad.

But most importantly, i want to make an impact.That's the definition of growth to me.

No comments: