Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Year Promises

Dear blog,

Although it's a few weeks after the 1st, I felt obliged to recite my new year vows.Sometimes, vows serves as such powerful ties that links you to one another.It is a promise made when you recite it to someone.It is a reminder of your past and present.Your actions are at times governed by the words that you read, the sentences that you write and even the voice that you uttered.All of these can serve as a link to the hearts of others-people whom they shared your feelings, ambitions, experiences, and beliefs.

Couples renewed their wedding vows as a way of showing to one another that they are happily together, be it in poverty, illness, disasters and even death!

Sons and daughters vow in front of their parents for better fulfillment of their lives.

Doctors vow to treat all patients equally and would not discriminate the latter based on wealth, education, race, religions and cultures.

Teachers vow to treat their students well and put on masks if they have to tell their pupils the harshness of the world outside.

So what is my vow for the new year?

I strive to be more hardworking in my studies.

I strive to be more friendly to the people around me.

I strive to be more patient in times of difficulties.

I strive to be able to create a harmonious environment to live in.

I strive to be more able to understand the situations of others.

I strive to be more sympathethic when listening to people.

I strive to be more sensitive towards the changes made around me.

I strive to be more active in my endeavours.

I strive to be more caring towards my loved ones.

I strive to be more truthful in my manner and in manner.

Finally, I strive to be a human, a happy human.

No comments: