Dear blog,
What do you know about addiction?
Well, biologically speaking, addiction involves the stimulation and depression mechanism that exist in every one of us.
Whenever any poison(or in any case a stimulation) is inserted into the body, nervous system sends a warning signal to the appropriate brain center.Meanwhile, the brain center which is concerned with the survival of the body against internal enemies sends a signal to the heart, encouraging the heart to accelerate.As the the blood circulation increases and it registered in the mind as a feeling of exhilaration or in my friend's term(kinky), such as the excitement we experience when we engage in sports or any vigorous exercise. This "high" feeling is enjoyable and exciting and we crave its repetition more and more than we can imagined.
So what's my addiction?
I am addicted to the world of words.It is not a craving that I was meant to engaged but rather my way of proving that I do can take control of the selection of my addictions.As common as it may sound, I enjoy the presence of a good book laying neatly on my table for further reading.When I read, it's like a surge of sensations engulfing my mind.I would just place my attention on the lines and the words and let my imagination wander under the tactful maneuvering of the authors.Because I read a lot, I've always been confronted by this indescribable urge to write and to convey my thoughts,my desires, my experiences, my imagination and my principles into the form of words stringed together neatly.I never dream of the day when I would I have the gut to write and compose something for the enjoyment of people who are like me, obsessed with the existence of a good piece of writing.
I believe that one of the most painful experience that a writer must meet in each and every assignments that was given to him would have to be the need to express himself.As easy as I may sound, writers often faced the predicament of not being able to convey their thoughts well with readers.It is easy for a person to write but won't you agree with me that it takes a lot of experience and self-realization to write something that can touched the hearts of readers through skillful manipulations of verbs, tenses, nouns and adjectives? It is a pity that writing has always been the affair between two different hearts.From love poems to business letters,court order to movie script, everything involves two distinctly different sides-the writer and the reader.If the reader couldn't understand the meaning brought forth by the writer, the piece of writing would be no more than a part of the inaudible rantings, mumblings and moaning of the writer.
Though it takes great courage to write, it takes an even greater courage to accept the presence of a reader out there who would read the writer's composition.Since when writing has become such a commercialized enjoyment that people write to earn a living and read to pay for their house rents? Since when writing have become so demanding that people need to attend courses and workshop to excel as an established writer? Can't writing be just pure amusement and enjoyment on behalf of the person sitting at his desk with a worn out pen in his hand? Since when the mutual relationships between readers and writers have evolved to be more complicated as it used to be? Could it be that as the means of communication revolutionized, the craving for better literature increases substantially that writing is no more a conversation between two soul and two hearts? Instead it has become an announcement of the soul of the writer out to the public? Now, every one can easily obtain a copy of Shakespeare from the nearest bookstore around them or have the pleasure of reading a classical piece of Greek poetry right from the comforts of one's home through the convenience of online reading.However, do readers really enjoyed it? Or is it a mere act of ingratitude for the writers? Think about the books that are covered in dust after yu bought it and you hide the in that large bookshelf of yours!
Although, the proliferation of literature in the modern world has brought hundreds of contribution in terms of the humane development of mankind, don't you feel that because of the accessibility of the source that we as readers and writers have taken for granted of the billions of writings spread through out the century.Some ancient articles are not appreciated anymore and only serve as the coveted objects of collectors or museums.I guess that's one of the saddest fact about literature.It reached its peak during its time but there is simply no possible guarantee that I will do so after a long stretch of time.Only when there is a genuine reader who would take the effort in perusing through the tomes and understanding the ancient verses untaught in schools nowadays that the quintessential relationship between a writer and reader can be preserved.Literature is not like a portrait by DaVinci, hung proudly in the wings of the Parisian museum.Literature itself should be like the wind, traveling fast into the depths of everyone's heart.That's literature.That's life in writing.
Dear blog, my addiction for writing has gave me insurmountable amount of pleasure as I type these words out.However, even though I may regard this as my way of expressing literature, it may well be the ranting of a drunkard, throwing his fist up into the air, muttering curses in an unexplainable trance.
Dear blog, am I at it again?
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment